Emmaus 圣经 College is committed to achieving its mission and vision for God’s glory. Evaluation of institutional 项目 and services plays a critical role in mission achievement now and in the future. The Emmaus 制度的有效性 plan includes two primary drivers of institutional success and continuous improvement: Assessment and Institutional Research. Use the tiles at the bottom of the page to dig deeper into each area.
The 评估ment of student learning process provides a mechanism for evaluating the effectiveness of the academic 项目 at Emmaus. Each academic program has established a set of learning outcomes to be met by program graduates. Evaluation tools are used at the program level and at the institutional level to 评估 whether or not learning outcomes are being met. The evidence collected is then analyzed and used to make academic program changes or improvements.
Though each program 评估ment plan is unique in its outcomes and 评估ment tools, a unified model has been employed in plan development. The plan is based on three areas of student achievement: knowledge, skills and dispositions. 简而言之, departments have articulated what the ideal graduate will know, 他能做什么, 以及他的性格会反映出什么. Departments have identified between three and ten outcomes and an appropriate number of signature 评估ments to measure those outcomes. While many formative 评估ments are embedded in the course work for each program, these summative 评估ments represent the cumulative learning that has taken place during a student’s tenure at the college. Departments have established targets for each measure and report annually whether those targets are met, 部分满足, 或者不满足.
Five institutional goals provide a framework for 评估ment of institutional effectiveness that assists the college in providing direct evidence of mission achievement.
- Empower learners to realize their full potential through high-quality academic and student life 项目 that are biblically grounded and culturally relevant.
- Provide an attractive, safe environment conducive to learning and spiritual and personal growth.
- Encourage the personal welfare and professional development of each faculty and staff member.
- 维持和提高人力资源, 物理, and financial resources needed to achieve mission and vision.
- Enrich external constituencies through education, ministry, and service.
An institution-wide IEA plan evaluates the college relative to all institutional goals. Non-academic departments 评估 their effectiveness using department-specific IEA plans. All IEA plans include goals, outcomes, effectiveness measures, metrics, and achievement targets. Department IEA plans are managed in the WEAVE 评估ment data management system.
The purpose of academic program review at Emmaus 圣经 College is to examine, 评估, 加强学术项目的提供. The areas in which program quality are evaluated include, but are not limited to:
- Quality of educational 项目, including an 评估ment of student learning outcomes,
- Contributions or needs of the program relative to the institution as a whole,
- Potential and future expectations for the program.
The review is intended to enhance program quality, 评估当前的优势和劣势, 评估挑战和机遇, 因此, provide input for departmental and institutional priorities and plans.
The Emmaus 圣经 College academic program review (APR) process is conducted on a five-year cycle. Academic program reviews (APRs) are conducted by the department chair, 得到院系教员的支持和投入.
The college also reviews the effectiveness of its non-academic departments. 这些审查的目的是检查, 评估, and strengthen non-academic units within the college. The areas in which department quality are evaluated include, but are not limited to:
- Department effectiveness, utilizing data from IE 评估ment processes
- Contributions or needs of the department relative to the institution as a whole
- Potential and future expectations for the department